Show Time: 9:00 to 11:00 EST
Do you feel less safe these day? Do you think homeland security is an issue that needs to be the first priority of our elected official? Do you think we are facing threats to our security and safety here on the homeland right now? Then you do not need to miss this show! We will be speaking with Carmen ~ Lieutenant Colonel, Air Force Retired. Carmen has a wealth of knowledge about the threats we face. She also has some things we can do to make our country safer. Here are just a few of her credentials:
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• B.A. Journalism , University of West Florida, 2003
• M.A. Business Personnel Mgt, Central Michigan University, 1978
• 27 hours toward MA in Computer Science
• B.S. Criminology and Law Enforcement (summa cum laude), Metropolitan State College, 1976
• Squadron Officer School 1981 (two months in residence)
***Won award for investigative journalism presented by the Florida Press Association by breaking a corruption case regarding expenditure of taxpayer funds in the town fire department.
***Military consultant for Veridian Engineering.
***Deputy Chief, Academic Instruction Division at the USAF Battlestaff Training School (now Command and Control Warrior School).
***Led an eleven person staff assistance team supporting units throughout Japan, Korea and the Philippines-providing diverse logistics expertise and accurate guidance for PACAF communications-computer systems
***Chief PACAF Small Computer Technical Center
***Deputy Director of Administration for the USAF Academy.
***Identified as the Outstanding Mobility Officer. Honor Graduate from Information Management Basic Officer course.
• Society of Professional Journalists
• First Amendment Foundation
• American Copy Editors Society
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
• Selected by American Legion Post 35 as Florida’s #1 Citizen, April 2000
• Selected as an Outstanding Young Woman of America in 1984,
• Selected as USAFA’s Administrative Officer of the Year for 1984, finishing as runner-up for the worldwide category
• Selected as the Tactical Air Command Outstanding Administrative Officer of the Year for 1980
• Selected as the Outstanding Administrative Officer of the Year at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base 1980
• Selected as the Seymour Johnson Air Force Base Outstanding Executive Support Officer of the Year 1979
Patriot’s Heart Forum